Novel Coronavirus Update
Last updated 3 March 2020
We understand the current concerns around Coronavirus and have taken measures to reassure all attendees of our events. We are following the health advice of Public Health England (PHE) and the WHO regarding the outbreak. In addition, we are liaising with the venues that are hosting our events to take further precautions.
Currently, we do not have any delegates from China registered to attend our events in Europe and we currently do not expect any delegates from China to register in the coming months. We will not permit entry to any delegates from Hubei or Wuhan provinces, the specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy as designated by the Italian government and parts of South Korea. Furthermore, travellers from China would need to show proof that they have been outside of China for 14 days prior to the event before being allowed to attend
To create a safe environment for our speakers, attendees and sponsors, measures being implemented include:
- Commodities People will strictly follow the health guidelines for the country and region where our events are hosted
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of all communal areas at the venues e.g. exhibition areas and conference rooms
- Availability of sanitising and disinfection materials for public use
- Awareness and training for all Commodities People staff on standard preventative measures e.g. personal hygiene
- New signage onsite reminding delegates of hygiene recommendations
- All food will be served by venue staff to stop cross contamination at buffets
- Registration for events will be conducted by Commodities People staff to avoid multiple people using the same touchscreen devices
We will continue to monitor the situation and will follow the guidelines set out by Public Health England (PHE) and the WHO and we will update this page with any developments.